Your home is your biggest investment and one of the most cost effective ways of updating and maintaining the beauty of your home is through interior and exterior painting.
Unfortunately, not all house painters are created equal. Unlike electricians and plumbers, the state of Texas does not require licenses for house painters. Therefore, it can be challenging to choose a house painter that is trustworthy and provides high quality services. Making an informed decision when choosing a house painter is of utmost importance.
Here are some tips for what to look for when choosing a house painter:
- Is the house painter a formal business or just a guy with a truck?
- Has the house painter been in business long enough to establish a reputation?
- Does the house painter willingly and openly provide references and examples of previous work?
- Is the owner involved in the process and easily accessible?
- Reputation: The Internet has become an excellent resource for checking the background of a company without having to rely exclusively on company provided references. There are a variety of places to check for un-solicited reviews including:
- Are employees full-time or simply sub-contracted on a job by job basis? If the turn-over of employees is high then the quality of the work will potentially vary greatly depending upon who shows up that day.
- Are employees background-checked and uniformed? Remember, these are basically strangers that will have virtually unlimited access to your home.
- Is the company involved in the community? Check if the business is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce or otherwise engaged in the local community. Established businesses will be involved. Fly-by-night operations typically won’t commit the time and resources.
Once you’ve established that the paint contractor is trustworthy and an established business, all you have to do is decide whether you like the quality of their work and are satisfied with the estimate. Good luck!
About Village Pro Painters:
Village Professional Painters knows how important your home is to you. Because of that, the service we provide means far more to us than simply putting paint on walls. We are helping you create a new identity for your home and take pride in making the entire experience a pleasure for you.
Village Professional Painters understands how valuable your time is. We will always respect your time by being prompt, quick to respond to questions, and completing our work thoroughly and efficiently. Just remember, no job in complete until you are satisfied. We strive to exceed each client’s expectations through every facet of our relationship.
All of our employees work directly for Village Professional Painters. WE DO NOT SUBCONTRACT OUT OUR WORK. This is very important especially when you are considering interior work. You want to be assured that the individuals that will be working in your home have been screened and not just a stranger your contractor subbed out to.
We are fully insured. Did you know that the State of Texas is the only state in the union that does not require contractors to be either licensed or insured? We at Village believe in your protection and that is why we carry a $1,000,000 policy with Nation Wide Insurance.
For over 10 years, Village Pro Painters has served the communities of Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lewisville, Lantana, Southlake, Grapevine, Plano and surrounding DFW areas.